DLNA media browser and presentation
- In modern network environments, media servers are used more and more to access their media from all computers within the local network.
- DLNA media server like "Serviio" also allow it to access these media from modern television devices (SmartTV).
- With the DLNA functionality of nessViewer, these DLNA media servers can be accessed and their media presented.
DLNA media browser
- After opening the DLNA window by the toolbox or file menu, a window is displayed which allows it to start DLNA. If the firewall is activated then incoming connections for nessViewer must be allowed.
- After starting DLNA, all available DLNA devices are shown in the drop down menu.
- If the selected device supports media (e.g. a media server like Serviio or NAS volumes), then "Browse" will show the root content. Folders can then be opened and media like movies or pictures presented.
- Multiple media can be selected and will be presented continuously afterwards.
Supported DLNA media server
- So far the following media server have been tested and are supported:
- Fritz!Box NAS Media Server
- Kodi UPnP Media Server
- Plex Media Server
- PS3 Media Server
- Serviio Media Server
- Twonky Media Server
- TVMobili Media Server